The University of Phoenix and STEMconnector, co-author of the event, recently released important findings from “Big Data, Open Data: Inspiring Corporate & Civil Innovation.”
“In order to harness the power of data, leaders should work
together to train employees to meet the data and analysis skills demands of
today’s workforce,” University of Phoenix School of Business Executive Dean
Ruth Veloria said. “The growth of data, particularly the amount of detailed
information that government, business and other sources collect, means we need
to be prepared to meet this challenge with higher education, business
leadership and industry collaboration.”
Held this past spring, the event shed light on the need for talent that is data-fluent, an important issue in today’s workforce.
“Education is key to closing the skills gap, and talent
management must be aware of the skills demands and development needed
throughout the organization,” University of Phoenix College of Information
Systems and Technology Executive Dean Dennis Bonilla said. “Education doesn’t
end in the classroom, and employers will need to not only recruit new talent,
but take on a larger role in the growth of their current employees — the
data-driven workforce will have to continue to learn on the job.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Phoenix ?
Next time we write about University of Phoenix, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.