Following a recent finding from the Department of Agriculture’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture on the expansion of food, agriculture and renewable natural resources jobs, the University of Arkansas highlighted the education available through its Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences.
“Bumpers College continues to see growth in
areas that will be critical to feeding the world’s expanding population,” Bumpers College Interim Dean Lona Robertson said. “Through our curriculum, we
develop future leaders who are well-rounded and ready to enter and make a
difference in the global workforce.”
The report found that there will be an
average of nearly 58,000 job openings each year in those fields for
professionals with bachelor’s degrees or higher levels of education, and an
average of 35,400 new graduates with expertise in those fields. At Bumpers
College, Fall 2016 saw record enrollment in the college, at 2,173 students.
“Bumpers College provides career-focused
education in these areas with exceptional opportunities for hands-on
experience, and with a breadth and depth unmatched in the state,” Coordinator of Undergraduate Student Recruitment Michelle Pribbernow said.
“Additionally, as these fields are in high demand, we have many scholarship
opportunities to help students enter these careers. There are also
opportunities to support scholarships as we recruit more and more students to
fill these positions.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Cost of college went up for all students at American University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Colegio Tecnico de Electricidad Galloza
- Graduates earn 2,331 degrees, certificates from University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras
- Graduates earn 733 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Aguadilla
- Graduates earn 72 degrees, certificates from Puerto Rico Conservatory of Music
- Graduates earn 8,564 degrees, certificates from The University of Alabama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Liceo de Arte-Dise-O y Comercio
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Automeca Technical College-Bayamon
- Graduates earn 205 degrees, certificates from Career Technical Institute
- Graduates earn 141 degrees from American University of Puerto Rico