Following a recent finding from the Department of Agriculture’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture on the expansion of food, agriculture and renewable natural resources jobs, the University of Arkansas highlighted the education available through its Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences.
“Bumpers College continues to see growth in
areas that will be critical to feeding the world’s expanding population,” Bumpers College Interim Dean Lona Robertson said. “Through our curriculum, we
develop future leaders who are well-rounded and ready to enter and make a
difference in the global workforce.”
The report found that there will be an
average of nearly 58,000 job openings each year in those fields for
professionals with bachelor’s degrees or higher levels of education, and an
average of 35,400 new graduates with expertise in those fields. At Bumpers
College, Fall 2016 saw record enrollment in the college, at 2,173 students.
“Bumpers College provides career-focused
education in these areas with exceptional opportunities for hands-on
experience, and with a breadth and depth unmatched in the state,” Coordinator of Undergraduate Student Recruitment Michelle Pribbernow said.
“Additionally, as these fields are in high demand, we have many scholarship
opportunities to help students enter these careers. There are also
opportunities to support scholarships as we recruit more and more students to
fill these positions.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.