Bridgewater College recently announced the senior recital of two music majors, Sara Forren and Jessica Patton, which will take place on Dec. 3 and is free and open to the public.
Forren and Patton both study clarinet under
Bridgewater Adjunct Instructor of Music David Snively, and a highlight of their
recital will be a joint performance of duet concert piece No. 2 by Felix
Forren will also perform works from Gerald
Finzi’s Five Bagatelles -- “Prelude,” “Romance,” “Carol” and “Forlana” -- and
Sonata for Clarinet and Piano by Leonard Bernstein. Patton will perform Carl
Maria von Weber’s Grand Duo Concertante and George Gershwin’s Three Preludes
for Clarinet and Piano. Both musicians will be accompanied by Bridgewater
Instructor for Music Lacey Johnson on piano.
Forren, daughter of Sephanie and Howie
Forren, is the conductor of Bridgewater’s Pep Band and a member of the
Symphonic Band, the Jazz Ensemble and the Woodwind Quintet. She is also a
member of the National Association for Music Education (NAfME). Patton, daughter
of Dan and Sally Patton, is in the Symphonic Band, the Pep Band and the Spirit
Club, and is the treasurer of the campus chapter of the NAfME.
The recital will take place in the Carter
Center for Worship and Music beginning at 3 p.m.
Organizations in this story
Bridgewater College (VA) 402 E College St Bridgewater, VA - 22812-1511
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success