Boise State University has announced that Albertsons Library and Margaret Sass, an adjunct professor at the university, will be presenting a cultural children’s book display.
The display will include works by students
that are featured in Sass’ UF200 children’s book project. The display is
currently ongoing and will end on Dec. 5.
As a service-learning project, university students were
tasked with the creation of books that feature cultural awareness, diversity
and empathy for children from grades pre-kindergarten to second grade. When
their books were complete, the students had hard copies printed before reading
their books to children at schools or at the Garden City Public Library Bells
for Books Bookmobile.
When the book display at the Albertsons Library comes to a
close, all of the books create by the Boise State students will be donated to
the Garden City Public Library. Sass has expressed her excitement over
participating in the program and stated how much her students enjoy giving back
to the local community.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Boise State University ?
Next time we write about Boise State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Business teams in training
- COLLEGE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA: Resume Workshop to be Held February 20
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Cru Weekly Meeting to be Held February 14
- ADITALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Latin-American Dance Inspires Alma Symphony Orchestra
- COLLEGE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA: Master Artist Workshop With Sue Primeau at the Appleton Museum of Art
- CLOUD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: CCCC receives grant from Sunderland Foundation
- CLOUD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Zuzu African Acrobats next Cook Series performers
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Breaking alcohol’s death grip
- CAMERON UNIVERSITY: Cameron University online MBA program recognized by US News & World Report
- CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY: Macedonia in Synopsis