Boise State University has announced that Albertsons Library and Margaret Sass, an adjunct professor at the university, will be presenting a cultural children’s book display.
The display will include works by students
that are featured in Sass’ UF200 children’s book project. The display is
currently ongoing and will end on Dec. 5.
As a service-learning project, university students were
tasked with the creation of books that feature cultural awareness, diversity
and empathy for children from grades pre-kindergarten to second grade. When
their books were complete, the students had hard copies printed before reading
their books to children at schools or at the Garden City Public Library Bells
for Books Bookmobile.
When the book display at the Albertsons Library comes to a
close, all of the books create by the Boise State students will be donated to
the Garden City Public Library. Sass has expressed her excitement over
participating in the program and stated how much her students enjoy giving back
to the local community.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Boise State University ?
Next time we write about Boise State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million