The University of Arkansas (UA) recently announced the 2016-2017 high school students selected as fellows for the Students Involved in Sustaining Their Arkansas (SISTA) Project, which is sponsored by the UA Brown Chair in English Literacy.
Marybeth Byrd, Emily Davis, Emma Haskins
and Loren Davison were selected based outreach projects they have envisioned.
The students will develop formal proposals for their projects, and the Brown Chair will then work to find funding to bring those proposals to reality.
Byrd and Davis, both from Armorel High
School, will work to develop a website and mobile applications that would help generate
information in cases of criminal child abductions.
Haskins, also from Armorel
High School, would work to create a Cold War Museum at the former Alert Pad at
Eaker Airforce Base, which needs to be restored.
Davison, from Buffalo Island
Central High School, plans to develop a tutoring services that would assist students
in the Buffalo Island school district from second grade through the end of high
The Brown Chair has sponsored the SISTA
Project for three years now, and has previously helped students with proposals
to create a healthy nutrition center, an irrigation project and a tourism authority, among others.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- 98 percent of applicants to Eastern Oregon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 84 percent of applicants to Auburn University were admitted for fall 2017
- 67 percent of applicants to Grand Canyon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 82 percent of applicants to George Fox University were admitted for fall 2017
- 89 percent of applicants to Willamette University were admitted for fall 2017
- Lane Community College enrolls 7,637 undergrads
- Chandler-Gilbert Community College enrolls 14,906 undergrads
- 7 percent of applicants to Yale University were admitted for fall 2017
- UPIKE student and alumni feature: Olivia Boyette
- MIAMI UNIVERSITY-OXFORD: Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias, Live!