Due to a U.S. District Court injunction, the University of Arkansas has suspended plans to change the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) exemption status for employees who, due to the current salary threshold and related job duties test, are exempt from overtime eligibility.
The U.S. Department of Labor recently
revised the FLSA regulations in such a way that the overtime eligibility salary
threshold test would be pushed from $23,660 to $47,476.
A recent decision in a
lawsuit against the revised regulatory changes, however, has placed a
preliminary injunction on the implementation of those changes, which is in
effect across the country and which is expected to remain in effect throughout
The changes were scheduled for implementation on Dec. 1, 2016.
The University of Arkansas is complying
with the injunction and will not change the status of employees who are
currently exempt due to the salary threshold test, as previously scheduled. It will continue to follow the case and the injunction -- and will update
its policies accordingly.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Hospital Names Crystal Wheeler As Chief People Officer
- Graduates earn 151 degrees from Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico-Arecibo
- Cost of college went up for all students at Universidad Adventista de las Antillas
- Graduates earn 527 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Bayamon
- Cost of college went up for all students at Emporia State University
- ARKANSAS TECH UNIVERSITY: Blake Takes Leadership at Lake Point
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Receives $100,000 Grant from Schell Foundation
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: Jacobson returns to University of Mary after gaining NCAA Division I coaching experience
- AIR FORCE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: AFIT offers course on Strategic Topics in Defense Innovation
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: Auburn Agriculture, Extension name Phillips associate dean, assistant director