Due to a U.S. District Court injunction, the University of Arkansas has suspended plans to change the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) exemption status for employees who, due to the current salary threshold and related job duties test, are exempt from overtime eligibility.
The U.S. Department of Labor recently
revised the FLSA regulations in such a way that the overtime eligibility salary
threshold test would be pushed from $23,660 to $47,476.
A recent decision in a
lawsuit against the revised regulatory changes, however, has placed a
preliminary injunction on the implementation of those changes, which is in
effect across the country and which is expected to remain in effect throughout
The changes were scheduled for implementation on Dec. 1, 2016.
The University of Arkansas is complying
with the injunction and will not change the status of employees who are
currently exempt due to the salary threshold test, as previously scheduled. It will continue to follow the case and the injunction -- and will update
its policies accordingly.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30
- ANDREWS UNIVERSITY: SCSD Receives Grant from Parkinson Voice Project
- BETHANY COLLEGE: Bethany Lands 12 Teams on Naia Scholar Teams List