Due to a U.S. District Court injunction, the University of Arkansas has suspended plans to change the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) exemption status for employees who, due to the current salary threshold and related job duties test, are exempt from overtime eligibility.
The U.S. Department of Labor recently
revised the FLSA regulations in such a way that the overtime eligibility salary
threshold test would be pushed from $23,660 to $47,476.
A recent decision in a
lawsuit against the revised regulatory changes, however, has placed a
preliminary injunction on the implementation of those changes, which is in
effect across the country and which is expected to remain in effect throughout
The changes were scheduled for implementation on Dec. 1, 2016.
The University of Arkansas is complying
with the injunction and will not change the status of employees who are
currently exempt due to the salary threshold test, as previously scheduled. It will continue to follow the case and the injunction -- and will update
its policies accordingly.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.