Members of the women’s basketball team at the University of Arkansas, in collaboration with Project Unify, have extended an invitation to all students, faculty and staff from the university -- as well as to members of the community -- to attend the Veterans Appreciation Breakfast, held at Bud Walton Arena.
The breakfast hopes to bring community members
together so they can show their gratitude for the soldiers who have fought to
protect citizens of the United States and their freedoms.
"We are inviting our fellow students -- those on campus
and those throughout our community -- to join us for a Veterans Appreciation
Breakfast at Bud Walton Arena," Jailyn Mason, member of the women’s
basketball team, said. "We want to hold this event to connect with the
community and give back to those who fought for our freedoms."
The breakfast is scheduled 9-11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 9, and will take place at the Bud Walton Arena’s south concourse. The
event does not cost anything to attend, and food will be provided by
Arkansas’ women’s basketball team.
The breakfast is the first public event that Project Unify
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30