Members of the women’s basketball team at the University of Arkansas, in collaboration with Project Unify, have extended an invitation to all students, faculty and staff from the university -- as well as to members of the community -- to attend the Veterans Appreciation Breakfast, held at Bud Walton Arena.
The breakfast hopes to bring community members
together so they can show their gratitude for the soldiers who have fought to
protect citizens of the United States and their freedoms.
"We are inviting our fellow students -- those on campus
and those throughout our community -- to join us for a Veterans Appreciation
Breakfast at Bud Walton Arena," Jailyn Mason, member of the women’s
basketball team, said. "We want to hold this event to connect with the
community and give back to those who fought for our freedoms."
The breakfast is scheduled 9-11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 9, and will take place at the Bud Walton Arena’s south concourse. The
event does not cost anything to attend, and food will be provided by
Arkansas’ women’s basketball team.
The breakfast is the first public event that Project Unify
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.