The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) has granted Miami University of Ohio full accreditation, making the university one of the country's first education preparation providers (EPP) to receive full accreditation.
“This achievement is the result of all the hard work put
forth by our faculty, administrative staff and alumni who have helped uphold
Miami’s high level of consistency and quality,” Miami College of Education,
Health and Society Dean Michael Dantley said. “We are proud to be
one of the very first intuitions to pass CAEP's initial accreditation process.
And this recognition will help us continue to cultivate excellence and
innovation among the next generation of future teachers and educational
To receive the recognition, Miami underwent a comprehensive
examination to ensure that the education programs met the rigorous
CAEP national standards. The accreditation for Miami will be in
effect until Nov. 15, 2023.
“We thought we might as well be on the front end of it and
jump on board,” College of Education, Health and Society Director of
Accreditation and Assessment Cheryl Irish said. “It all goes toward
leadership in the professional community. We are setting the bar, if you will,
for what CAEP evidence should look like.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Miami University-Oxford ?
Next time we write about Miami University-Oxford, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.