In a recent interview with The Huffington Post, Stephen Spinelli Jr., president at Philadelphia University, stressed that in order to generate value for students of today, universities are responsible for their preparation when it comes to adapting to the dynamic work environments they will face when entering their chosen career paths.
According to Spinelli, Philadelphia University identified that the enhanced approached was needed about 10 years ago.
“We knew that for today’s and tomorrow’s college students to be successful, we had to disrupt the traditional, outmoded ways in which people learn,” he said. “We have developed a transdisciplinary approach called Nexus Learning. It empowers students to work together across different disciplines, form teams with other students and faculty, engage with companies, help identify real-world problems and come up with innovative solutions that create value. It is one of the reasons our graduates can boast a 95 percent job and graduate school placement rate.”
The university has plans to form a new higher education model through its Combination Agreement with Thomas Jefferson University. The agreement will allow the two universities to become one comprehensive university with professional education as its primary focus to prepare students for careers.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Philadelphia University ?
Next time we write about Philadelphia University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND: URI names new chief information officer
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Matt Bragga named Rice baseball coach
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: UA Announces New Master’s Degree in Public Health
- TRANSYLVANIA UNIVERSITY: Moloney named as Transylvania’s new VP for marketing and communications
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Appoints Marcus Lyles As Executive Director Of Public Safety And Chief Of Police For The Department Of Public Safety
- PALM BEACH ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY: Lester Named Dean of School of Music & Fine Arts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Master's Degree in Finance
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Rashid Zia named Brown’s new dean of the college
- RADFORD UNIVERSITY: Joyendu “Joy” Bhadury selected as dean of Radford University’s College of Business and Economics
- ASHLAND UNIVERSITY: Ashland University Establishes Center for Addictions; Hires Director