Lamar University recently brought therapy dogs to campus to help relieve its students of the stress faced in the final weeks of the semester.
The dogs were on campus until Dec. 8 to help relax students
before taking their final exams.
“Nothing can improve your mood the way hanging out with dogs
can: they’re so happy and playful,” Sophomore General Business Major Luke
The dogs were located in the Mary and John Gray Library on
Dec. 7-8, courtesy of Paws 4 Love Therapy Animals Group.
“We originally tried to do rallying, but Zoey was too eager
for it,” Judy Ferguson, volunteer and owner of Zoey, said. “Fortunately, we got involved with therapy. We love it,
and the finals therapy at Lamar is our favorite event.”
Although Caitlin McAlister does not own a pet herself, she makes a
point of visiting the therapy dogs every semester.
“I have been coming for several semesters now, ever since I
found out about it -- they’re so cute and fun to hang out with,” she said. “It
gives the students a chance to do something really relaxing at a really
stressful time of the semester. How can you be stressed out when you’re
cuddling an adorable dog?”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Lamar University ?
Next time we write about Lamar University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million