Florida State University's (FSU) fall commencement ceremonies are set to take place Friday, Dec. 16, and Saturday, Dec. 17.
Both ceremonies will be held in the Donald L. Tucker Civic Center, at 505 W. Pensacola St., where an estimated 2,567 students will celebrate their graduation from the university. In total, 1,936 students are graduating with their bachelor's degrees, 502 with their master's degrees and 107 with their doctorate degrees.
One of the speakers will be Joseph Schlenoff, who is known for his role in the creation of thin films through polymer science, as well as Bob Sasser, CEO at Dollar Tree Inc.
Schlenoff stands as the Leo Mandelkern Professor of Polymer Science in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry in the College of Arts and Sciences and will be speaking to that college on Friday evening, as well as the colleges of Communication and Information, Criminology and Criminal Justice, Fine Arts, Law, Medicine, Motion Picture Arts, and Social Sciences and Public Policy.
Sasser, a member of the FSU board of trustees and the foundation's board of trustees, will speak on Saturday morning to the Colleges of Applied Studies, Business, Education, Engineering, Human Sciences, Music, Nursing and Social Word, and The Graduate School.
In addition, graduation celebrations will include a reception and pinning ceremony for the College of Social Work 2-4 p.m. Friday, Dec. 16, in the Oglesby Union Ballroom, and the College of Nursing at 6 p.m. in the Opperman Music Hall.
The FSU Army ROTC program will be holding a commission ceremony at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 17, in the Harpe-Johnson Hall.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Florida State University ?
Next time we write about Florida State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 198 degrees from Strayer University-District of Columbia
- Cost of college went up for all students at Escuela Hotelera de San Juan
- Graduates earn 94 degrees from Caribbean University-Carolina
- Cost of college went up for all students at Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Ponce
- Cost of college went up for resident students at University of Puerto Rico-Aguadilla
- Cost of college went down for all students at Universidad Central Del Caribe
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez
- Cost of college went up for all students at American Educational College
- Graduates earn 202 degrees, certificates from ICPR Junior College-General Institutional
- Graduates earn 937 degrees, certificates from Universidad del Sagrado Corazon