In a recent competition, Concordia's student run webcasting radio station, Tornado Radio, won a national award for college radio stations.
Concordia was one of the six contestants to win within the public affairs category at the 2016 Golden Microphone Awards. The awards event was sponsored by the Intercollegiate College Broadcasting System, based out of New York.
During the hour-long broadcast, Tornado Radio's Jillian Parker, Reid Courmier and Jesus Barrera examined the impact of social media on the recent presidential election. The program was selected and submitted into the competition by Dr. Philip Hohle, who is a professor and faculty sponsor for Concordia Student Media.
In addition to this submission, Michael Barnett, Tornado Radio manager, nominated several other programs of stellar quality.
Concordia Student Media is comprised of The Monthly Spin, ctxtalk.com and CTXnewsTalk webcast television news program. Since its inception in 2009, Tornado Radio has been made accessible to those with internet connection.
Among the other winners of the award were Cal State San Bernardino, Cal State Fresno, the University of West Georgia, the University of Missouri and the University of Virginia.
Awards were announced on Dec. 13. The prizes will be distributed in New York during the spring convention for the Intercollegiate College Broadcasting System.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Concordia University Texas ?
Next time we write about Concordia University Texas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 2,376 degrees, certificates from University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Graduates earn 230 degrees, certificates from Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Charlie's Guard-Detective Bureau and Academy Inc
- Cost of college went up for all students at Berry College
- Graduates earn 9,226 degrees, certificates from George Washington University
- Cost of college went down for all students at Atenas College
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of Arkansas
- Graduates earn 125 degrees, certificates from ICPR Junior College-Mayaguez
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Hospital Names Crystal Wheeler As Chief People Officer
- Graduates earn 151 degrees from Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico-Arecibo