The National Academy of Inventors recently named Alan Marshall, professor of chemistry and biochemistry at Florida State University, a fellow.
Marshall received the honor because of his work co-inventing and
developing the Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance (FT-ICR) mass
“This is a tremendous honor and, quite frankly, one that I
was surprised to receive,” Marshall said. “I have always tried to push the
limits of my work in FT-ICR and develop it in a way that can aid other
scientists in their research. But I never imagined my innovations would catch
the eye of the NAI. It truly is a privilege to be included in such a distinct
and accomplished group of inventors.”
The FT-ICR mass spectrometry is an analytical procedure with
the ability to resolve and identify thousands of chemical components.
“Alan is such an outstanding scientist and prolific
innovator that it made for the easiest nomination form I have had to fill out
in recent memory,” Gary Ostrander, FSU vice president for research, said.
“His work to help other scientists explore complex molecular structures will be
the catalyst for discoveries that advance our civilization and improve the
human condition for generations to come.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Florida State University ?
Next time we write about Florida State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND: URI names new chief information officer
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Matt Bragga named Rice baseball coach
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: UA Announces New Master’s Degree in Public Health
- TRANSYLVANIA UNIVERSITY: Moloney named as Transylvania’s new VP for marketing and communications
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Appoints Marcus Lyles As Executive Director Of Public Safety And Chief Of Police For The Department Of Public Safety
- PALM BEACH ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY: Lester Named Dean of School of Music & Fine Arts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Master's Degree in Finance
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Rashid Zia named Brown’s new dean of the college
- RADFORD UNIVERSITY: Joyendu “Joy” Bhadury selected as dean of Radford University’s College of Business and Economics
- ASHLAND UNIVERSITY: Ashland University Establishes Center for Addictions; Hires Director