The recent Arkansas Foreign Language Teachers Association annual conference, "From Performance to Proficiency!," was attended by University of Arkansas graduate students, as well as visiting scholars and professors.
The convention was held at the Arlington Hotel in Hot Springs. Two doctoral students, Qian Zhang and William Davis were presenters for the event. Zhang presented "Using Art in Foreign Language Instruction"; Davis, along with University of Arkansas graduate student Courtney Cochran, presented "United We Speak: World Language Advocacy in Arkansas."
Cochran was named Arkansas Teach of the Year recently and currently teaches at Van Buren High School.
The event was also attended by Freddie Bowles, secondary education coordinator and foreign language specialist, and Victoria Mascaliuc and Xiaoling Peng, both from overseas. Maris Buller, Alvaro Salaverry, Cristhina Torres and Kimberly Wood, M.A.T. secondary education students, were granted six hours towards their professional development of teaching foreign languages.
The group of students was also able to visit a trip to the Arkansas Capitol building and the Central High School National Museum, due to the generous support of the head of the Department of Curriculum and Instruction, Michael Daugherty, and the director of Education Renewal Zone, Lindsey Swagerty.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.