In the upcoming Belk Bowl in Charlotte, North Carolina, University of Arkansas Razorback fans will be giving back to the community by handing out food.
This year's outreach will be targeted at helping the hungry in Charlotte, and will be completed alongside of the Razorback team's upcoming bowl game.
Angela Oxford, director at the Center for Community Engagement, explained the group's objective: they will be teaming up with the Urban Ministry Center to make sandwiches, as the center usually aims to feed 500 people per day in the Charlotte area.
The event will be held at 8 a.m. and will run for two hours on Dec. 29. Razorback fans are encouraged to signup online, as space is limited.
There is also a perk for volunteers, as the first 75 will be given a free t-shirt and all volunteers will be served breakfast.
Over the years, service projects have ranged from cleaning up cities to sorting through clothes and furniture.
Oxford looks forward to a large number of participants this year.
"It's a great way to create a team spirit atmosphere among the fans and give them an opportunity to meet with other families and volunteer together," she said.
Volunteers from the past projects have echoed Oxford's words, believing that they are giving back to the community of Charlotte.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Cost of college went up for all students at Instituto de Educacion Tecnica Ocupacional La Reine-Manati
- Cost of college went up for all students at Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Guayama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Academia Serrant Inc
- Graduates earn 67 degrees from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology at Washington DC
- Graduates earn 472 degrees, certificates from Huertas College
- Graduates earn 344 degrees, certificates from CEM College-San Juan
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of Puerto Rico-Ponce
- Graduates earn 2,191 degrees, certificates from Howard University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at IVAEM College
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Educational Technical College-Recinto de Bayamon