At the recent 2016 United Methodist Exemplary Teacher Award event, Phil Plisky received recognition for his hard work.
The event was help at the University of Evansville's winter commencement exercise on Dec. 14, and it was presented by the General Board of higher Education and Ministry of the United Methodist Church, as it is every year.
Plisky serves a the associate professor of physical therapy at the University of Evansville, where he earned his master of physical therapy degree. Plisky also attended the Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions, were he completed his Doctor of Science degree in orthopedic physical therapy.
Plisky is an athletic trainer and a board certified clinical specialist in orthopedics through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists, in addition to being a certified strength and conditioning specialist. He was the founder of ProRehab and University of Evansville Sports Residency Program, which he still directs.
He is currently involved in study and research of comprehensive movement testing and interventions in the areas of athletes and military personnel, as well as children. Plisky is known for his work in the sport testing, injury prevention and field expedient movement testing.
Plisky has been recognized for his hard work before, with the Mart Bennet Outstanding Teacher award four times, and he works with a number of military organizations in order to help with forming policy and how to make decisions that help minimize prevention.
He serves as the director of Eykamp Center for Teaching Excellence, where he is able to work with faculty members in research.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Evansville ?
Next time we write about University of Evansville, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Mindful Monday to be Held November 19
- BUTLER UNIVERSITY: Lacy School of Business Named Outstanding On-Campus MBA Program by Princeton Review
- BERRY COLLEGE: Berry Professor to Showcase Film at the Rome International Film Festival
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Vardi named fellow of the American Mathematical Society
- UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS: Honors College Recognizes Exceptional Faculty, Staff
- UNIVERSITY OF TAMPA: UT’s Annual Evening of Experimental Dance to be Held Nov. 10
- Pikes Peak Community College enrolls 13,275 undergrads
- 54 percent of applicants to Florida International University were admitted for fall 2017
- Front Range Community College enrolls 19,259 undergrads
- 59 percent of applicants to University of North Florida were admitted for fall 2017