Bradley University's December commencement saw the graduation of more than 220 students.
The ceremonies were held in the Renaissance Coliseum and parting words were delivered by the university's president, Gary Roberts.
"Your education empowers you to succeed at whatever you choose to do and become leaders in whatever you choose," Roberts said.
Bradley has been named Best College Value by Kiplinger's Personal Finance, in addition to being sixth in student engagement by the Wall Street Journal and Time Higher Education.
Graduate Taryn Gille earned her five-year accounting integrated bachelor's and master's degrees and has secured a job at Baker Tilly's Oak Broom in Illinois; she thanked her accounting professor for his aid.
"If it wasn’t for the friendships I made, the relationships formed with faculty and organizations I was involved with, I don’t think I would be as prepared for the real world as well as I am," Gille said.
Finally, Danielle Tolvstad, a double major in psychology and Spanish, echoed Gille's sentiments.
"Bradley's friendly and supportive environment helped me realize my full potential," she said. "Because of friends and faculty who took an interest in me, I’m more confident in who I am and what I can accomplish."
Organizations in this story
Bradley University 1501 W Bradley Ave Peoria, IL - 61625
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success