The College of Health Professions at the University of Phoenix recently announced that Academic Dean Dr. Holly Orozco has been appointed to the board of directors at the Arizona Public Health Association (AzPHA).
She will serve as the board’s vice president.
“The importance of public health advocacy and resources in
our communities cannot be overstated,” Orozco said. “We have the opportunity to
improve health and outcomes in Arizona by advocating for healthy communities,
and I look forward to the opportunity to work toward this important mission
with the Arizona Public Health Association.”
Orozco will begin her four year term serving on the board in
2017, serving as the board’s vice president before becoming the president-elect
in 2018 and becoming its president in 2019.
“Arizona Public Health Association is very pleased to
welcome Holly Orozco to a leadership position on our Board of Directors,” Jeri Royce, interim executive director at AzPHA, said. “The work of the Arizona
Public Health Association is focused around advocacy, professional development
and networking. Holly brings a depth of experience in public health locally and
nationally that will enhance the effectiveness of our organization.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Phoenix ?
Next time we write about University of Phoenix, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND: URI names new chief information officer
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Matt Bragga named Rice baseball coach
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: UA Announces New Master’s Degree in Public Health
- TRANSYLVANIA UNIVERSITY: Moloney named as Transylvania’s new VP for marketing and communications
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Appoints Marcus Lyles As Executive Director Of Public Safety And Chief Of Police For The Department Of Public Safety
- PALM BEACH ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY: Lester Named Dean of School of Music & Fine Arts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Master's Degree in Finance
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Rashid Zia named Brown’s new dean of the college
- RADFORD UNIVERSITY: Joyendu “Joy” Bhadury selected as dean of Radford University’s College of Business and Economics
- ASHLAND UNIVERSITY: Ashland University Establishes Center for Addictions; Hires Director