State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota took part in a charitable holiday event aimed at benefiting sick children on Dec. 21.
A team from the college,
along with Maverick the Manatee, the school's mascot, and President
Dr. Carol Probstfeld, visited two hospitals: Sarasota Memorial
Hospital and Manatee Memorial Hospital, specifically the pediatric
units at the hospitals, according to a news release.
spent time with the children in the hospitals and also took pictures
with staff members, while Probstfeld delivered a gift basket to the
hospital as a way of including employees in the season of
SCF alumni, including recent graduates, who work at
the hospitals were able to take part in the festivities as well. The
hospitals have been partners with the college's nurses who are on
their way to graduation.
More information about State College
of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota can be found by visiting
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota ?
Next time we write about State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Hospital Names Crystal Wheeler As Chief People Officer
- Graduates earn 151 degrees from Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico-Arecibo
- Cost of college went up for all students at Universidad Adventista de las Antillas
- Graduates earn 527 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Bayamon
- Cost of college went up for all students at Emporia State University
- ARKANSAS TECH UNIVERSITY: Blake Takes Leadership at Lake Point
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Receives $100,000 Grant from Schell Foundation
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: Jacobson returns to University of Mary after gaining NCAA Division I coaching experience
- AIR FORCE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: AFIT offers course on Strategic Topics in Defense Innovation
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: Auburn Agriculture, Extension name Phillips associate dean, assistant director