The State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota was recently the recipient of funds from the Venice Yacht Club Charitable Foundation which will be used to further the SCF Veterans Services Center.
The $1,825 donation from the foundation will be put towards the purchase of two computers to be used in the Veterans Services Center at State College of Florida's Venice campus.
The computers purchased have been much needed and will be used to allow military veterans who are looking for degrees and training by giving them online access to registration for college courses and more. The vast online world that will be available to the veterans who utilize the computers will make it easier for them to find information on VA benefits, job opportunities and other career options, credit transfer services, scholarships and transportation, to name a few.
The mission of SCF's Veterans Services Center is to do their part by supporting veterans who have sacrificed for their country. Through the donation of the funds for two new computers, the center will be able to reach even more veterans than before.
The Veterans Services Center operates in both Bradenton and Venice and is always in need of donations. The funds received from donations are put towards career and academic services, as well as counseling.
For more information about the center, contact executive director, SCF Foundation, Cassandra Holmes at email@example.com, or visit the website at SCF-foundation.org.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota ?
Next time we write about State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- 98 percent of applicants to Alabama State University were admitted for fall 2017
- 80 percent of applicants to Arizona State University-West were admitted for fall 2017
- Rio Salado College enrolls 17,635 undergrads
- Argosy University-Phoenix Online Division enrolls 4,534 undergrads
- 98 percent of applicants to Eastern Oregon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 84 percent of applicants to Auburn University were admitted for fall 2017
- 67 percent of applicants to Grand Canyon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 82 percent of applicants to George Fox University were admitted for fall 2017
- 89 percent of applicants to Willamette University were admitted for fall 2017
- Lane Community College enrolls 7,637 undergrads