It takes 400 hours and up to three years to complete, but studies say it’s well worth the effort for a teacher to earn certification through the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
Two teachers in Kansas recently
received the certification: Deborah Abernathy of Olathe and Arthur
Ballos of Wichita. They join some 500 other teachers across the
country who received the designation, “the highest professional
credential they can earn,” according to a news release.
process of board certification is similar to how a doctor becomes
certified in a special area,” said Alvin Peters, director of
Emporia State University’s program, said. “This is voluntary –
no state, school district, or program is demanding them to go through
ESU's program assists teachers working
toward national certification.
Certified teachers benefit their
schools and “studies have shown NBCTs improve student learning,”
the release said.
For more information, visit Emporia University’s
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Emporia State University ?
Next time we write about Emporia State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Group launches national campaign seeking justice for victims of predatory Ohio State doctor
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Brown urges Supreme Court to uphold DACA to benefit students, universities, nation
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: KAGRA to Join LIGO and Virgo in Hunt for Gravitational Waves
- BERRY COLLEGE: Lumen Lecture with Jennifer Frey to be Held October 10
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: Auburn Faculty Research Symposium highlights innovative projects, from neuroscience to rural housing design to additive manufacturing
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Gift of $7 Million Will Support New Athletics Facility and Center for Israel Studies Fellowship
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: President Welcomes Everyone for the 2019-2020 Academic Year
- ALMA COLLEGE: Alma Art Prize Gets Student Artists Moving
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: How Context Affects Scene Processing to be Held September 25
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: WoW Wednesdays: Visual Communication for Research (3MT) to be Held September 18