As way to battle post-college worries about job availability, the Beacom School of Business at the University of South Dakota recently held a Meet the Industry event for students.
More than a dozen
companies were on hand to “discuss internship and full-time job
opportunities and build networking skills” with 71 students,
according to USD’s news release.
“This event was a great way
to connect regional employers to our Beacom School of Business
students," Mandy Hanson, manager of the Beacom School of
Business Career Success Center, said in the release "Networking
events like this help prepare our students for the workforce by
informing them about employment opportunities, current trends in the
industry, and educating them on the needs of various industries and
The release listed some of the companies that
participated: Avera, Beef Products Inc., Daktronics, First Premier
Bank, Heyl Companies, INTL FCStone, Mattress Firm, Metabank, Raven
Industries, Sanford Health, Sioux Corporation, gpac and Wells
Beacom has earned accolades from the Princeton Review and
U.S. News and World Report “for its high-quality learning
experience, student success, affordability, and high-caliber of
faculty and students,” the release said.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of South Dakota ?
Next time we write about University of South Dakota, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Analysis: 58,361 college athletes play baseball
- UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY: New Provost Named at Utah State University
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: Energy Transfer/Sunoco Foundation and Energy Transfer Partners Donate $5 Million to the University of Mary
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Clarke wins NSF CAREER grant for advanced steel research
- BUTLER UNIVERSITY: Retailing's Loss Was Biology's Gain
- CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY TEXAS: A seemingly perpetual student's view on grad school experience
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, HUNTSVILLE: Team Chargernaut takes first place in NASA Human Exploration Rover Challenge
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: Parkway to Close April 27-28 for USA Triathlon
- 114,405 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans from private, nonprofit schools
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, HUNTSVILLE: Alumnus’ firm in forefront of private Wi-Fi, Internet in space