As way to battle post-college worries about job availability, the Beacom School of Business at the University of South Dakota recently held a Meet the Industry event for students.
More than a dozen
companies were on hand to “discuss internship and full-time job
opportunities and build networking skills” with 71 students,
according to USD’s news release.
“This event was a great way
to connect regional employers to our Beacom School of Business
students," Mandy Hanson, manager of the Beacom School of
Business Career Success Center, said in the release "Networking
events like this help prepare our students for the workforce by
informing them about employment opportunities, current trends in the
industry, and educating them on the needs of various industries and
The release listed some of the companies that
participated: Avera, Beef Products Inc., Daktronics, First Premier
Bank, Heyl Companies, INTL FCStone, Mattress Firm, Metabank, Raven
Industries, Sanford Health, Sioux Corporation, gpac and Wells
Beacom has earned accolades from the Princeton Review and
U.S. News and World Report “for its high-quality learning
experience, student success, affordability, and high-caliber of
faculty and students,” the release said.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of South Dakota ?
Next time we write about University of South Dakota, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Business teams in training
- COLLEGE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA: Resume Workshop to be Held February 20
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Cru Weekly Meeting to be Held February 14
- ADITALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Latin-American Dance Inspires Alma Symphony Orchestra
- COLLEGE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA: Master Artist Workshop With Sue Primeau at the Appleton Museum of Art
- CLOUD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: CCCC receives grant from Sunderland Foundation
- CLOUD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Zuzu African Acrobats next Cook Series performers
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Breaking alcohol’s death grip
- CAMERON UNIVERSITY: Cameron University online MBA program recognized by US News & World Report
- CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY: Macedonia in Synopsis