New York's Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute recently earned designation from piano producer Steinway & Sons as an All-Steinway School, an honor shared with 180 institutions on five continents.
“At Rensselaer, we work to ensure that our
students and faculty are able to practice, to compose, and to perform on the
very finest of instruments,” said institute President Shirley Ann Jackson. “Our Steinway
pianos exemplify the seriousness of our commitment at Rensselaer to the arts,
and to the connection between the arts and science and technology. We thank
Steinway & Sons for recognizing Rensselaer as a university that provides
its students and faculty with the most advanced tools for education, for
expression, for collaboration, and for innovation.”
Steinway & Sons pianos are renowned for
their craftsmanship and consist of more than 12,000 individual parts.
Rensselaer now boasts six Steinway grand pianos, five that the university
purchased and one that was donated by Rensselaer alumnus Philip Maloof. The
school also has six Steinway-engineered studio pianos.
of my goals when I came to Rensselaer was to expand upon the media, arts,
science, and technology signature research thrust and, more recently, to
develop programs around Art_X @ Rensselaer, noting the institute’s commitment
to advancing knowledge and culture at the nexus of the arts writ large and the
STEM disciplines,” said Mary Simoni, dean of the School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute ?
Next time we write about Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Mindful Monday to be Held November 19
- BUTLER UNIVERSITY: Lacy School of Business Named Outstanding On-Campus MBA Program by Princeton Review
- BERRY COLLEGE: Berry Professor to Showcase Film at the Rome International Film Festival
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Vardi named fellow of the American Mathematical Society
- UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS: Honors College Recognizes Exceptional Faculty, Staff
- UNIVERSITY OF TAMPA: UT’s Annual Evening of Experimental Dance to be Held Nov. 10
- Pikes Peak Community College enrolls 13,275 undergrads
- 54 percent of applicants to Florida International University were admitted for fall 2017
- Front Range Community College enrolls 19,259 undergrads
- 59 percent of applicants to University of North Florida were admitted for fall 2017