New York's Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute recently earned designation from piano producer Steinway & Sons as an All-Steinway School, an honor shared with 180 institutions on five continents.
“At Rensselaer, we work to ensure that our
students and faculty are able to practice, to compose, and to perform on the
very finest of instruments,” said institute President Shirley Ann Jackson. “Our Steinway
pianos exemplify the seriousness of our commitment at Rensselaer to the arts,
and to the connection between the arts and science and technology. We thank
Steinway & Sons for recognizing Rensselaer as a university that provides
its students and faculty with the most advanced tools for education, for
expression, for collaboration, and for innovation.”
Steinway & Sons pianos are renowned for
their craftsmanship and consist of more than 12,000 individual parts.
Rensselaer now boasts six Steinway grand pianos, five that the university
purchased and one that was donated by Rensselaer alumnus Philip Maloof. The
school also has six Steinway-engineered studio pianos.
of my goals when I came to Rensselaer was to expand upon the media, arts,
science, and technology signature research thrust and, more recently, to
develop programs around Art_X @ Rensselaer, noting the institute’s commitment
to advancing knowledge and culture at the nexus of the arts writ large and the
STEM disciplines,” said Mary Simoni, dean of the School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute ?
Next time we write about Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- 98 percent of applicants to Eastern Oregon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 84 percent of applicants to Auburn University were admitted for fall 2017
- 67 percent of applicants to Grand Canyon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 82 percent of applicants to George Fox University were admitted for fall 2017
- 89 percent of applicants to Willamette University were admitted for fall 2017
- Lane Community College enrolls 7,637 undergrads
- Chandler-Gilbert Community College enrolls 14,906 undergrads
- 7 percent of applicants to Yale University were admitted for fall 2017
- UPIKE student and alumni feature: Olivia Boyette
- MIAMI UNIVERSITY-OXFORD: Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias, Live!