New York's Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute recently earned designation from piano producer Steinway & Sons as an All-Steinway School, an honor shared with 180 institutions on five continents.
“At Rensselaer, we work to ensure that our
students and faculty are able to practice, to compose, and to perform on the
very finest of instruments,” said institute President Shirley Ann Jackson. “Our Steinway
pianos exemplify the seriousness of our commitment at Rensselaer to the arts,
and to the connection between the arts and science and technology. We thank
Steinway & Sons for recognizing Rensselaer as a university that provides
its students and faculty with the most advanced tools for education, for
expression, for collaboration, and for innovation.”
Steinway & Sons pianos are renowned for
their craftsmanship and consist of more than 12,000 individual parts.
Rensselaer now boasts six Steinway grand pianos, five that the university
purchased and one that was donated by Rensselaer alumnus Philip Maloof. The
school also has six Steinway-engineered studio pianos.
of my goals when I came to Rensselaer was to expand upon the media, arts,
science, and technology signature research thrust and, more recently, to
develop programs around Art_X @ Rensselaer, noting the institute’s commitment
to advancing knowledge and culture at the nexus of the arts writ large and the
STEM disciplines,” said Mary Simoni, dean of the School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute ?
Next time we write about Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 543 degrees from University of Puerto Rico-Humacao
- Cost of college went up for all students at Trinity College of Puerto Rico
- Graduates earn 4,802 degrees, certificates from Lamar University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Escuela de Artes Plasticas y Diseno de Puerto Rico
- Graduates earn 142 degrees, certificates from Columbia Central University-Yauco
- Graduates earn 192 degrees from Instituto Tecnologico de Puerto Rico-Recinto de Guayama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Advantage Technical College
- Cost of college went up for all students at Caribbean University-Vega Baja
- Cost of college went up for all students at American University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Colegio Tecnico de Electricidad Galloza