Students at Kentucky's University of Pikeville recently scored a perfect passing rate on the PRAXIS Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT) test, a state-required exam administered to prospective educators before they can teach.
“We are extremely proud of our aspiring teachers and dedicated faculty and staff,”
Coletta Parsley, interim chairperson of Pikeville's Patton College of Education, said. “These scores are one indicator of the quality of our education programs within the Patton College of Education.”
The tests are one part of the certification process for new teachers. The university’s teacher preparation programs take students through all steps necessary to become eligible for certification in Kentucky, allowing them to pursue careers in elementary, middle school and secondary education. The school also offers a Teacher Leader master of arts program and allows practicing educators to increase their knowledge base through professional development and integrated learning opportunities.
The students who recently passed their PRAXIS PLT test will begin student teaching in Pike County and Pikeville Independent Schools, including at the elementary, middle and high school levels.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Pikeville ?
Next time we write about University of Pikeville, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Estrella Mountain Community College enrolls 9,788 undergrads
- Mesa Community College enrolls 20,424 undergrads
- 98 percent of applicants to Alabama State University were admitted for fall 2017
- 80 percent of applicants to Arizona State University-West were admitted for fall 2017
- Rio Salado College enrolls 17,635 undergrads
- Argosy University-Phoenix Online Division enrolls 4,534 undergrads
- 98 percent of applicants to Eastern Oregon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 84 percent of applicants to Auburn University were admitted for fall 2017
- 67 percent of applicants to Grand Canyon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 82 percent of applicants to George Fox University were admitted for fall 2017