The University of Phoenix recently partnered with the Hispanic Foundation of Silicon Valley to present full-tuition scholarships to three women: Karina Deras, Martha Leticia Perez and Maria Rodriguez.
“The Hispanic Foundation’s partnership with University of Phoenix is important in our mission to promote educational achievement and increase the number of Latinos working in business, technology and science fields,” said Hispanic Foundation of Silicon Valley President and CEO Ron Gonzales. “The University’s commitment to this goal is evident in providing scholarship opportunities to three working professional Latinas to continue their education.”
The women were each selected for their drive to use their education to improve their local communities. Deras and Perez will pursue their Masters of Business Administration, with Deras focusing on human resources and Perez on healthcare administration. Rodriguez will pursue her bachelor’s in psychology o help others address mental health issues.
“University of Phoenix’s partnership with the Hispanic Foundation demonstrates its commitment to diversity and cross-cultural outreach in providing working adults the opportunity to enhance their careers and pursue higher education,” said University of Phoenix Dean of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Angie Williams, Ed.D. “We provided scholarships to three individuals who have distinguished accomplishments and will be able to apply what they learn to enhance their professional opportunities and contribute to the betterment of their communities.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Phoenix ?
Next time we write about University of Phoenix, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million