The University of Arkansas is hosting a 5 p.m. reception on Friday to open its watercolor exhibit, " George Dombek: Barns and Portraits.”
Dombek will be on hand to sign copies of his book of the same title,
which features his paintings of Arkansas barns and found objects, like tractor parts, tin cans and rusting metal pipes.
The exhibit, which runs through March 17, is being held in the Fred and Mary Smith Exhibition Gallery in Vol Walker Hall on campus. It is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays.
work has been on display in more than 600 collections, including museums and corporate spaces, as well as in exhibits at the Scottsdale Center for the Arts, the Birmingham Museum
of Art, the Carnegie Museum of Art, the San
Francisco Museum of Art and the Arkansas Arts Center.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million