The University of Arkansas is hosting a 5 p.m. reception on Friday to open its watercolor exhibit, " George Dombek: Barns and Portraits.”
Dombek will be on hand to sign copies of his book of the same title,
which features his paintings of Arkansas barns and found objects, like tractor parts, tin cans and rusting metal pipes.
The exhibit, which runs through March 17, is being held in the Fred and Mary Smith Exhibition Gallery in Vol Walker Hall on campus. It is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays.
work has been on display in more than 600 collections, including museums and corporate spaces, as well as in exhibits at the Scottsdale Center for the Arts, the Birmingham Museum
of Art, the Carnegie Museum of Art, the San
Francisco Museum of Art and the Arkansas Arts Center.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30