An assistant history professor at the University of Arkansas recently joined an Ohio University editorial team to work on the ongoing book series Africa in World History.
Todd Cleveland is no stranger to the continent’s history, having previously published Stones of Contention: A History of Africa's Diamonds, for the same series in 2014. He is also currently under contract for another book examining tourism history in sub-Saharan Africa.
The Africa series was launched in 2009, emphasizing work by scholars of African history and studies — as well as welcoming non-specialist authors — to help promote parallel experiences between the continent and the rest of the world.
With a total of eight African-oriented series to date, Ohio University Press is considered a leader in the field, according to spokespersons for the University of Arkansas. Cleveland will work with Joe Miller of the University of Virginia and David Robinson of Michigan State University.
"I'm honored to join the team and excited to work closely with Joe, Dave, and Gill (the director and editor-in-chief of the press),” Cleveland said. “I am confident that this endeavor will be as rewarding as it will be challenging.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 344 degrees, certificates from CEM College-San Juan
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of Puerto Rico-Ponce
- Graduates earn 2,191 degrees, certificates from Howard University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at IVAEM College
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Educational Technical College-Recinto de Bayamon
- Graduates earn 198 degrees from Strayer University-District of Columbia
- Cost of college went up for all students at Escuela Hotelera de San Juan
- Graduates earn 94 degrees from Caribbean University-Carolina
- Cost of college went up for all students at Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Ponce
- Cost of college went up for resident students at University of Puerto Rico-Aguadilla