An assistant history professor at the University of Arkansas recently joined an Ohio University editorial team to work on the ongoing book series Africa in World History.
Todd Cleveland is no stranger to the continent’s history, having previously published Stones of Contention: A History of Africa's Diamonds, for the same series in 2014. He is also currently under contract for another book examining tourism history in sub-Saharan Africa.
The Africa series was launched in 2009, emphasizing work by scholars of African history and studies — as well as welcoming non-specialist authors — to help promote parallel experiences between the continent and the rest of the world.
With a total of eight African-oriented series to date, Ohio University Press is considered a leader in the field, according to spokespersons for the University of Arkansas. Cleveland will work with Joe Miller of the University of Virginia and David Robinson of Michigan State University.
"I'm honored to join the team and excited to work closely with Joe, Dave, and Gill (the director and editor-in-chief of the press),” Cleveland said. “I am confident that this endeavor will be as rewarding as it will be challenging.”
Organizations in this story
University of Arkansas 1 N University Ave Fayetteville, AR - 72701-5031
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success