Boise State University recently created the Commission on Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) to guarantee everyone a voice on campus.
“Inclusion is the key to leveraging
diverse perspectives,” Bob Kustra, the university’s president, said. This
includes different layers — status, title, role, ethnicity, gender — any form
of identifier. It will be a deliberative and representative effort.”
While the commission will focus more
on executive-level actions, members of different entities on campus also will
unite to form an advisory board tasked with making sure new ideas and all
perspectives are considered at all times.
The commission will be led by
co-chairs Gayla Thomas-Dabney, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
officer, and Donna Llewellyn, executive director of the Institute for STEM and
The advisory council will be
overseen by Prof. Arturo Rodriguez, chair of the Cultural and Ethnic Diversity
Board, and Alicia Garza, World Languages faculty member and director of Casita
“We live in a changing world where every chance meeting is
an opportunity for creating a global society where everyone is afforded basic human
rights, dignity and respect,” Rodriguez said.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Boise State University ?
Next time we write about Boise State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- 61% of students graduated on time at Illinois’ top two-year school in 2016
- Analysis: College women's basketball grosses $903 million
- March Madness money: How do women's teams in the tournament rank?
- Beauty schools report highest default rates on student loans
- Analysis: College men's basketball grosses $2 billion
- March Madness money: How do tournament teams rank?
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Axelrod, Rove to host Presidential Elections Program conference at Rice U.’s Baker Institute March 28
- CAMERON UNIVERSITY: Artwork by Cameron University Student Kathryn Carroll to be Exhibited in CU Sciences Complex
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Mines joins growing network for entrepreneurial engineering
- IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY: Software aims to reduce food waste by helping those in need