Students from all over the world braved the cold and rain to pass through Brown University's famed Van Wickle Gates recently. The 35 newcomers were part of a mid-year procession that is undertaken to symbolize the start of their Brown education.
Julie Lee, assistant dean of the College for Academic Support and Transfer, said the new class is a perfect fit for Brown's academic rigor and university culture.
"These students have demonstrated a high degree of independence and an ability to take risks, while also embracing an opportunity to switch to a new institution that is supportive of their academic interests," Lee said.
After passing through the gates accompanied by music from the Brown band's trumpets, the students took the Front Green walk and ended up at the Faculty Club, where they enjoyed a brunch with the university's deans and learned about what they can look forward to.
The students hailed from 30 universities, including Duke University, Dartmouth College, New York University and the University of Edinburgh in Scotland. They were joined by six visiting students as well, one of whom came all the way from Hong Kong. The other five came as part of an ongoing partnership between historically black Tougaloo College and Brown University.
Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?
Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Dewey University-Fajardo
- Graduates earn 453 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Barranquitas
- Cost of college went up for all students at Strayer University-Global Region
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Bennett Career Institute
- Graduates earn 853 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-San German
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Educational Technical College-Recinto de san Sebastian
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at University of Puerto Rico-Bayamon
- Cost of college went up for all students at Bayamon Community College
- Graduates earn 284 degrees, certificates from Colegio de Cinematografa Artes y Television
- Graduates earn 542 degrees from University of Puerto Rico-Carolina