The University of Massachusetts Amherst recently released the following information.
Students, faculty and staff are invited to apply for grants from the Sustainability Innovation and Engagement Fund (SIEF) to help make their sustainability projects a reality.
Application deadline is Feb. 16; $65,000 is available for this round of grants.
The fund accepts proposals for two types of projects; those that have a quantifiable economic payback and refresh the fund over time, and those that don’t have quantifiable payback but engage the campus community in reducing environmental impact or enriching student experience.
Previously funded projects include:
- Permaculture garden pollinator “hotels”
- New2U Reuse Tag Sale & Move-Out Collection
- Student Run UMass Grape Vineyard
- Occupancy sensors in Isenberg School of Management classrooms
- Paperless office initiative
Original source: http://www.umass.edu/events/accepting-applications-campus