University of Arkansas alumni Larry and Janett Crain have given $125,000 to create an endowed scholarship fund in the Walton College of Business.
Matt Waller, interim dean of the Walton College, said their generosity will allow the school to attract the best high school students for many years. Through their contributions, the Crains have earned the honor of being included in the Towers of Old Main. Such recognition is reserved for donors gifting $100,000 or more to the university.
Larry Crain obtained an accounting degree from Walton College, and his wife, Janett, who was also a member of Delta Delta Delta sorority, received a Bachelor of Science in Education from the College of Education and Health Professions. Their three sons, Larry Jr., Marc and Chris, are Arkansas alumni as is granddaughter Camryn.
The scholarship is aimed at two specific high schools – Conway and Searcy. To qualify, students must graduate from one of these two schools with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. To renew annually, students must also maintain at least a 3.0 GPA.
Organizations in this story
University of Arkansas 1 N University Ave Fayetteville, AR - 72701-5031
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success