The search for the next University of New Orleans' president has been narrowed down to two candidates -- Andrew Kopplin and John Nicklow -- who recently appeared before the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System.
"I think we have two strong finalists to present to the Board next week," Dan Reneau, the search committee's chair, said. "Both candidates have unique ties to Louisiana and have innovative ideas and skills that will advance UNO's mission as a metropolitan research institution, improve student life and enhance the University's impact on the community."
The UNO student government association's president hopes that the finalist will bring positivity to the campus through his reception of students' concerns, and through the improvement of the environment at the university.
"It was exciting to show off UNO's campus and community to the five semifinalists this week," President Joy Ballard-Oliver said.
Voting committee members are a diverse group of individuals who come from the surrounding areas.
Organizations in this story
University of New Orleans 2000 Lakeshore Dr New Orleans, LA - 70148
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success