Palm Beach Atlantic University's recent Women of Distinction luncheon served a number of purposes, as it was a scholarship fundraiser, a tribute to the award's past recipients and even a bridal shower for one of the attendees.
Over the past 25 years, the women's luncheon has raised money for women's scholarships and has also paid homage to women who have impacted their communities in a positive way. To remember the women who have been honored, 19 of the former recipients of the awards and scholarships were in attendance.
Cathy Johnson Flagg and her daughters were two of the women to attend and Cathy's daughter, Maggie, was celebrating along with her mother, the day before her wedding.
The women come from a diverse set of backgrounds, as one of them served as a first lieutenant and a police officer during World War II, and another an avid animal lover.
In addition to the luncheon, the women enjoyed music that was performed by the PBA Concert Choir, directed by
associate professor of music
Organizations in this story
Palm Beach Atlantic University 326 Acacia Street West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success