For the second consecutive year, North Central College has advanced to the opening round championship series of the American Mock Trial Association, which helps to instill skills of public speaking, legal knowledge and critical thinking in the participants.
Teams work on a case in which they must delegate witnesses and attorneys for the project. The teams' preparation comes to fruition in the fall and winter, when they represent the prosecution and the defense.
“I am extremely proud of the tenacity and dedication of each and every member of this year’s team," North Central team leader Rebecca Koper said. "The students’ determination, hard work and perseverance were evident in their outstanding performance against some of the region’s toughest opponents."
Other team members are Natalie Bernier,
Cassity Melvin, Emily Salomone,
Michelle Sanchez Barajas and
North Central will also host one of the eight national championship tournaments from March 11-13.
Organizations in this story
North Central College 30 N Brainard St Naperville, IL 60540
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success