Tim Gray, a graduate of the University of Rhode Island, recently wrote, directed and produced a documentary for the 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor.
To narrate the film, Gray approached Tom Selleck.
asked, and he said yes,’’ Gray said. “Right away. Tom was the first person I
thought of to narrate since he has a strong connection to Hawaii from his 'Magnum, P.I.' days (the series was filmed there),
was in the National Guard when he was younger and, simply, has a great voice.’’
journalism major at URI, has spent the last 10 years interviewing World War II
veterans and including their stories in his award-winning films. His latest
work is the documentary titled “Remember Pearl Harbor.”
to narrate was a great honor for him.
“He knew how
important this project is and was nothing short of phenomenal to deal with,’’
Gray said. “Just a great guy who understood the significance of the project. We
had time to talk about other things as well — his love for the Detroit Tigers and
his strong interest in the stories of World War II.’’
The film will debut
on Dec. 4 at Pearl Harbor.
Organizations in this story
University of Rhode Island 45 Upper College Rd Kingston, RI 02881
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success