Visitors to the new exhibit at the Rice University Media Center Gallery might think they're dreaming, but what they're really doing is taking in the work of Pennsylvania artist Patricia Bellan-Gillen.
described by the university’s Department of Visual and Dramatic
Wondering” can be
considered a “journey through the mysterious, the warped and the
whimsical,” as it invites viewers “to
explore a dreamland while being fully awake."
in 1969 by arts patrons Jean and Dominique de Menil, with guidance
from scholar Gerald O'Grady, the Rice University Media Center has a
history of working closely with the school’s art and art history
departments as well as its dramatic arts and cinema programs.
has welcomed its share of artists over the years. In 1970 Andy Warhol
visited and planted a tree with founder Dominique de
Menil, and actress Isabella Rossellini took part in a show of work by
her father, Roberto, in 1987.
Wondering” will be on display through Feb. 17.
Organizations in this story
Rice University 6100 Main St. Houston, TX 77005
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success
- Gray day can't keep new Brown students away