Tulane University’s newest board member is Tulane alumnus Dr. Robert Grossman, who holds positions as both dean and CEO of New York University’s (NYU) Langone Medical Center.
The appointment sees Grossman, an award-winning medical researcher specializing in neuroradiology, joining the governing body of the New Orleans-based university. Grossman sits at the head of NYU’s School of Medicine as well as NYU’s various hospitals and medical facilities.
Now, Grossman brings that wealth of experience to Tulane. His relationship with Tulane goes back to his undergraduate studies, where he earned his bachelor of science degree. Grossman has also been active in alumni activities and as a member of the university’s School of Science and Engineering Board of Advisers.
“I fell in love with Tulane the first time I walked onto campus,” Grossman said. “I am so pleased to play a role in the continued success of this vital institution.”
Tulane President Mike Fitts said the university is proud to bring Grossman on board in a decision-making role.
“Bob is one of the nation’s top medical researchers and administrators,” Fitts said. “He is a pioneer in the field of neuroscience, biomedical imaging and multiple sclerosis research. He is also a visionary and strategic leader who has significantly advanced NYU School of Medicine’s and NYU Langone’s academic and clinical prominence throughout the world. We are so fortunate that he is bringing his expertise and leadership to the Board of Tulane.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Tulane University ?
Next time we write about Tulane University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million