The University of Tampa’s Lowth Entrepreneurship Center was recently honored with the Entrepreneurship Teaching and Pedagogical Innovation Award from the Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers.
Recognizing excellence in entrepreneurial education and training, the GCEC awards are judged by a group of entrepreneurship schooling directors who come to a consensus on which institutions lead the pack.
Donald Kuratko, executive and academic director of the Johnson Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation at The Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, had high praise for center director Rebecca White and the work the center does in fueling innovation.
“The University of Tampa captured the Entrepreneurship Teaching and Pedagogical Innovation Award because Dr. White and her entire team have established their program as one of the finest models in the world today,” Kuratko said. “It was a most deserving award.”
The award was presented by Kathleen Allen, professor in the Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at
the University of Southern California's Marshall School of Business. She said the judges were impressed with Tampa’s efforts, which put the school on “the leading edge of innovation in entrepreneurship education.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Tampa ?
Next time we write about University of Tampa, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Life-Changing News: Adelphi Named a U.S. News Top Performer on Social Mobility
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Krispy Kreme Fundraiser to be Held November 14
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Council Meeting to be Held November 6
- BETHANY COLLEGE: Junior Preview Day to be Held November 15
- Which U.S. schools receive the least state student aid?
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford Athletics Ranks Among Top Nationally for Graduation Success Rate in Latest NCAA Report
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Watson Lecture - Opportunities in Atomic-Scale Legoland: From Novel Electronic Phases to Quantum Devices
- Group to play billboard-sized video denouncing sexual abuse at OSU before Buckeyes' game at Northwestern
- ALMA COLLEGE: Alma’s Matt vandenBerg Wins Outstanding Research Award
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education confirms it is in discussions regarding the potential sale of Adtalem Educacional do Brasil