Palm Beach Atlantic University’s LeMieux Center for Public Policy is set to host Wall Street Journal columnist and former presidential speechwriter Peggy Noonan.
Noonan, a longtime conservative political observer, will aim to spark a conversation on the future of the United States and public policy with Palm Beach Atlantic University students and the general public.
Noonan served as a speechwriter and special assistant in both the Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush administrations. Since then, she has penned essays, books and columns on American politics and culture. She has also served as a conservative commentator for numerous news networks.
Former Sen. George LeMieux, who founded the university’s public policy center, said Noonan’s years in the halls of power gives her a unique political perspective.
“Peggy Noonan is an astute political observer with significant contacts to the best and brightest thinkers today,” LeMieux said. “As one of the founding principles of the center is to give students opportunities to engage in thoughtful conversations about the challenges facing our state and nation, Peggy is a perfect catalyst to fuel deep discussions about serious issues.”
The event is free and will be at the university’s DeSantis Family Chapel at 7 p.m.
Organizations in this story
Palm Beach Atlantic University 901 S Flagler Dr West Palm Beach, FL - 33401
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success