Reinhardt University's Board of Trustees approved adding men's wrestling and men's and women's bowling to the sports programs offered by the university, effective as early as the 2016-17 academic year.
"Obviously, there's a lot that has to be done in order for us to be ready to go by the upcoming year," Athletics Director Bill Popp said. "We will be looking to hire coaches for the sports and have them in place by the end of February. There has to be a lot done in order for us to improve our facilities to house a wrestling team of 30 members. And if everything falls into place, we can start these sports in 2016-17, but if we need to take another year to make sure we're completely ready for success, we will launch in 2017-18."
The Waleska, Georgia, school offers 22 athletic and sports opportunities, including the three new additions.
"As new president at Reinhardt, I'm extremely grateful for leadership that has provided the vision, and understands the value, that successful competitive athletic teams bring to our university and to our community," Kina Mallard said. "I'm excited about cheering on our Eagles wrestling and bowling teams."
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Reinhardt University Athletics ?
Next time we write about Reinhardt University Athletics, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at University of the Potomac-Washington DC Campus
- Cost of college went up for all students at Gallaudet University
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of the District of Columbia
- Graduates earn 43 degrees from Universidad Pentecostal Mizpa
- Graduates earn 176 degrees, certificates from ICPR Junior College-Manati
- Analysis: Women's college outdoor track grosses $32.3 million
- UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND: URI names new chief information officer
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Matt Bragga named Rice baseball coach
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: UA Announces New Master’s Degree in Public Health
- TRANSYLVANIA UNIVERSITY: Moloney named as Transylvania’s new VP for marketing and communications