Reinhardt University's Board of Trustees approved adding men's wrestling and men's and women's bowling to the sports programs offered by the university, effective as early as the 2016-17 academic year.
"Obviously, there's a lot that has to be done in order for us to be ready to go by the upcoming year," Athletics Director Bill Popp said. "We will be looking to hire coaches for the sports and have them in place by the end of February. There has to be a lot done in order for us to improve our facilities to house a wrestling team of 30 members. And if everything falls into place, we can start these sports in 2016-17, but if we need to take another year to make sure we're completely ready for success, we will launch in 2017-18."
The Waleska, Georgia, school offers 22 athletic and sports opportunities, including the three new additions.
"As new president at Reinhardt, I'm extremely grateful for leadership that has provided the vision, and understands the value, that successful competitive athletic teams bring to our university and to our community," Kina Mallard said. "I'm excited about cheering on our Eagles wrestling and bowling teams."
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Reinhardt University Athletics ?
Next time we write about Reinhardt University Athletics, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ALMA COLLEGE: Alma Art Prize Gets Student Artists Moving
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: How Context Affects Scene Processing to be Held September 25
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: WoW Wednesdays: Visual Communication for Research (3MT) to be Held September 18
- BETHANY COLLEGE: Swedes Split on Day One of Baker International
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Caltech Faculty Honored with Breakthrough and New Horizons Prizes
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford Ranked Third in the Nation for Student Engagement by Wall Street Journal
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the highest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- ALMA COLLEGE: Hispanic Heritage Month: Fiesta/Baile, Health Workshop
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: A Conversation with Magdalena Zernicka-Goetz