Students and art enthusiasts are flocking to the first spring exhibition at the Contemporary Art Gallery at Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond.
The exhibit, entitled "The Department of Fine and Performing Arts Faculty Exhibition," opened Jan. 21 with a reception at the gallery.
The Contemporary Art Gallery is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, with Wednesday hours extended until 8 p.m. and closure on Fridays at noon.
The gallery is devoted to presenting exhibits, both national and regional, including art, lectures, and workshops.
The Contemporary Art Gallery hones in on education in art while providing opportunities for engagement between visitors, artwork and the artists. Admission is free.
Organizations in this story
Southeastern Louisiana University 500 Western Avenue Hammond, LA - 70402
- LAWRENCE TECH: College of Management earns prestigious accreditation from AACSB
- Analysis: Missouri residents pay up to 49.8 percent less to attend Division I schools than peers in other states
- Analysis: Kentucky residents pay up to 31 percent less to attend Division I schools than peers in other states
- UCLA: Screenwriting lecturer wins award for film, publishes book
- Analysis: Nebraska residents pay up to 43 percent less to attend Division I schools than peers in other states
- Analysis: Ohio residents pay up to 39 percent less to attend Division I schools than peers in other states
- TENNESSEE TECH: New provost and vice president for enrollment management approved
- OAKLAND UNIVERSITY: Board of Trustees appoints two to rank of Distinguished Professor
- Oakland University: Oakland University President selects Westfall as VP for University Advancement
- Analysis: Indiana residents pay about a third less to attend Division I schools than peers in other states