Students and art enthusiasts are flocking to the first spring exhibition at the Contemporary Art Gallery at Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond.
The exhibit, entitled "The Department of Fine and Performing Arts Faculty Exhibition," opened Jan. 21 with a reception at the gallery.
The Contemporary Art Gallery is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, with Wednesday hours extended until 8 p.m. and closure on Fridays at noon.
The gallery is devoted to presenting exhibits, both national and regional, including art, lectures, and workshops.
The Contemporary Art Gallery hones in on education in art while providing opportunities for engagement between visitors, artwork and the artists. Admission is free.
Organizations in this story
Southeastern Louisiana University 500 Western Avenue Hammond, LA - 70402
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success