Boise State University's eCampus Quality Instruction Program (eQIP) is an initiative that has created a means through which educators can participate in professional development opportunities online.
The tools and skills provided through the structured program allow professors and other educators to pass on knowledge to students in the most effective and efficient way possible through the online or distance learning module.
The eQIP program consists of three development opportunities: the eCampus Course Design and Development Seminar, the eCampus Teaching Online Seminar, and a Quality Matters Peer Review. All aspects of the program are online, and the focus is on giving educators a better grip on the technology and manipulating the courses online to better serve their students.
John McIntosh, an associate professor who took part in all three opportunities, says eQIP gave him the tools and knowledge to independently customize his own courses rather than seeking technical assistance elsewhere. Based on this information, McIntosh’s summer students worked in teams, created prototypes of new products, and uploaded videos to YouTube for their course credit.
“My face-to-face teaching also benefited,” McIntosh said. “I incorporated procedures and cognitive scaffolding techniques which increased student engagement and satisfaction.”
The Teaching Online Seminar is six weeks long, and the eCampus Course Design and Development Seminar is twelve weeks. New start dates are available, and qualifying participants may receive stipends.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Boise State University ?
Next time we write about Boise State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Life-Changing News: Adelphi Named a U.S. News Top Performer on Social Mobility
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Krispy Kreme Fundraiser to be Held November 14
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Council Meeting to be Held November 6
- BETHANY COLLEGE: Junior Preview Day to be Held November 15
- Which U.S. schools receive the least state student aid?
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford Athletics Ranks Among Top Nationally for Graduation Success Rate in Latest NCAA Report
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Watson Lecture - Opportunities in Atomic-Scale Legoland: From Novel Electronic Phases to Quantum Devices
- Group to play billboard-sized video denouncing sexual abuse at OSU before Buckeyes' game at Northwestern
- ALMA COLLEGE: Alma’s Matt vandenBerg Wins Outstanding Research Award
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education confirms it is in discussions regarding the potential sale of Adtalem Educacional do Brasil