Boise State University's eCampus Quality Instruction Program (eQIP) is an initiative that has created a means through which educators can participate in professional development opportunities online.
The tools and skills provided through the structured program allow professors and other educators to pass on knowledge to students in the most effective and efficient way possible through the online or distance learning module.
The eQIP program consists of three development opportunities: the eCampus Course Design and Development Seminar, the eCampus Teaching Online Seminar, and a Quality Matters Peer Review. All aspects of the program are online, and the focus is on giving educators a better grip on the technology and manipulating the courses online to better serve their students.
John McIntosh, an associate professor who took part in all three opportunities, says eQIP gave him the tools and knowledge to independently customize his own courses rather than seeking technical assistance elsewhere. Based on this information, McIntosh’s summer students worked in teams, created prototypes of new products, and uploaded videos to YouTube for their course credit.
“My face-to-face teaching also benefited,” McIntosh said. “I incorporated procedures and cognitive scaffolding techniques which increased student engagement and satisfaction.”
The Teaching Online Seminar is six weeks long, and the eCampus Course Design and Development Seminar is twelve weeks. New start dates are available, and qualifying participants may receive stipends.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Boise State University ?
Next time we write about Boise State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Florida State College at Jacksonville enrolls 21,092 undergrads
- Arapahoe Community College enrolls 12,421 undergrads
- 50 percent of applicants to University of Central Florida were admitted for fall 2017
- 63 percent of applicants to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Worldwide were admitted for fall 2017
- 64 percent of applicants to Florida Gulf Coast University were admitted for fall 2017
- Polk State College enrolls 10,659 undergrads
- Valencia College enrolls 44,834 undergrads
- Palm Beach State College enrolls 30,052 undergrads
- Gulf Coast State College enrolls 5,379 undergrads
- 60 percent of applicants to Florida Atlantic University were admitted for fall 2017