Boise State University's eCampus Quality Instruction Program (eQIP) is an initiative that has created a means through which educators can participate in professional development opportunities online.
The tools and skills provided through the structured program allow professors and other educators to pass on knowledge to students in the most effective and efficient way possible through the online or distance learning module.
The eQIP program consists of three development opportunities: the eCampus Course Design and Development Seminar, the eCampus Teaching Online Seminar, and a Quality Matters Peer Review. All aspects of the program are online, and the focus is on giving educators a better grip on the technology and manipulating the courses online to better serve their students.
John McIntosh, an associate professor who took part in all three opportunities, says eQIP gave him the tools and knowledge to independently customize his own courses rather than seeking technical assistance elsewhere. Based on this information, McIntosh’s summer students worked in teams, created prototypes of new products, and uploaded videos to YouTube for their course credit.
“My face-to-face teaching also benefited,” McIntosh said. “I incorporated procedures and cognitive scaffolding techniques which increased student engagement and satisfaction.”
The Teaching Online Seminar is six weeks long, and the eCampus Course Design and Development Seminar is twelve weeks. New start dates are available, and qualifying participants may receive stipends.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Boise State University ?
Next time we write about Boise State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ALMA COLLEGE: Alma College suspends SAT/ACT testing requirements for admission
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Three Public Health Professors Join the Fight Against COVID-19
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Help Urgently Needed for Students During Coronavirus Crisis
- ALMA COLLEGE: Alma College Establishes Coronavirus Mitigation and Relief Fund
- ANDREWS UNIVERSITY: Following recent testing, Berrien County Health Department & Spectrum Health Lakeland confirm two cases of COVID-19
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Important Information for Students About Classes
- ALMA COLLEGE: Board of Trustees Approve Faculty Tenure, Promotions for 2020-2021 Academic Year
- GADSDEN STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Gadsden State Priority Registration for Summer begins March 18
- EASTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Graduate Open House: Knowledge is Power to be Held Match 21
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Financial Institutions Gain New Tool to Enhance Cyber Intelligence and Combat Money Laundering