Southeastern Louisiana University's Kappa Nu chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity and the Office of Multicultural and International Student Affairs held a Jan. 19 event to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
The event was promoted as a way to not only remember but also learn more about the man who fought for the freedom of others.
The ceremony was a progressive one, beginning in front of the University Avenue pedestrian underpass and concluding at the Memorial Fountain in the Presidential Plaza. During the ceremony, individuals contemplated the role which King played in the advancement of individuals' rights. Some participants also offered remarks about King himself.
Organizations in this story
Southeastern Louisiana University 500 Western Avenue Hammond, LA - 70402
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success