Boise State's completely online master's in social work program that opened in January already has attracted 25 students.
The new online program allows students to enroll and begin classes at three times during the year. The program is self-paced, meaning that students can finish as quickly or slowly as they like.
“Our online program is going to offer more flexibility and accessibility to students around the state than our four face-to-face programs,"
Randy Magen, director of the School of Social Work, said.
The need for online social work programs has been keenly felt in Idaho, as students who reside in smaller, outlying communities have struggled to access the institutions which offer such studies. Additionally, Idaho is in desperate need of social workers, according to Tim Dunnagan, who serves as the dean for the College of Health Sciences.
"We’ve had satellite campuses in the past but this really opens up our program to the entire state,” Dunnagan said.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Boise State University ?
Next time we write about Boise State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Help Urgently Needed for Students During Coronavirus Crisis
- ALMA COLLEGE: Alma College Establishes Coronavirus Mitigation and Relief Fund
- ANDREWS UNIVERSITY: Following recent testing, Berrien County Health Department & Spectrum Health Lakeland confirm two cases of COVID-19
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Important Information for Students About Classes
- ALMA COLLEGE: Board of Trustees Approve Faculty Tenure, Promotions for 2020-2021 Academic Year
- GADSDEN STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Gadsden State Priority Registration for Summer begins March 18
- EASTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Graduate Open House: Knowledge is Power to be Held Match 21
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Financial Institutions Gain New Tool to Enhance Cyber Intelligence and Combat Money Laundering
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: General Education: Designing Workshop to be Held February 26
- BERRY COLLEGE: Financial Literacy Team - Budgeting Presentation