The search for the next University of New Orleans' president has been narrowed down to two candidates -- Andrew Kopplin and John Nicklow -- who recently appeared before the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System.
"I think we have two strong finalists to present to the Board next week," Dan Reneau, the search committee's chair, said. "Both candidates have unique ties to Louisiana and have innovative ideas and skills that will advance UNO's mission as a metropolitan research institution, improve student life and enhance the University's impact on the community."
The UNO student government association's president hopes that the finalist will bring positivity to the campus through his reception of students' concerns, and through the improvement of the environment at the university.
"It was exciting to show off UNO's campus and community to the five semifinalists this week," President Joy Ballard-Oliver said.
Voting committee members are a diverse group of individuals who come from the surrounding areas.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of New Orleans ?
Next time we write about University of New Orleans, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Supporting Teachers as they Adjust to the Professional and Personal Challenges of Distance Learning
- EASTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Dietetics Program Zoom Group Advising Session to be Held May 27
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Christian Buur is Au's New Head of Innovation
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: Auburn’s Drug Information Center warns against exposure to cleaning products, disinfectants
- CITY OF WAUKEE: Free Medicare Seminar to be Held May 19
- Critic: Fenves' controversial past at Texas will follow him to Emory University
- GADSDEN STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Completion of Census 2020 important for federally-funded programs in Etowah County
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: The Hispanic Community Partnership Program May Go Virtual This Summer
- GADSDEN STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Gadsden State technical students honored by national society
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Electric stockings to help intensive-care patients with coronavirus