The University of New Orleans recently mourned the passing of a beloved history professor.
John O'Connor, 78, who served at the university for over 30 years, died from leukemia in February.
Both a professor and researcher, O'Connor spent time studying international relations. He completed a two-year Fullbright program in Paris, during which time he studied foreign affairs and war archives. He also studied treason, especially in relation to Spain and France. O'Connor also spent time in Haiti to better understand the revolutions that took place in the late 1700s.
O'Connor completed his Ph.D. at the University of Minnesota and served as an assistant professor of history for the University of Wisconsin.
He enjoyed a wide range of activities, including reading cookbooks and detective stories. He also had a deep appreciation of the arts and enjoyed attending the ballet in New York City, as his daughter was a member of the American Ballet Theatre.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of New Orleans ?
Next time we write about University of New Orleans, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Cost of college went up for all students at American University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Colegio Tecnico de Electricidad Galloza
- Graduates earn 2,331 degrees, certificates from University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras
- Graduates earn 733 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Aguadilla
- Graduates earn 72 degrees, certificates from Puerto Rico Conservatory of Music
- Graduates earn 8,564 degrees, certificates from The University of Alabama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Liceo de Arte-Dise-O y Comercio
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Automeca Technical College-Bayamon
- Graduates earn 205 degrees, certificates from Career Technical Institute
- Graduates earn 141 degrees from American University of Puerto Rico