Ashford University recently announced changes to its nursing degree program, including the addition of an online Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
The program changes were designed to benefit nurses who are already working but only hold associate's degrees or certificates. In the online environment, students will have the opportunity to work with health care professionals through the program's learning simulations. The online platform also will make access to the material easier.
Ashford's first online program has been designed to fulfill standards held by the medical and nursing industry. In addition to education about chronic illness management and disabilities, students will learn to be leaders in the field and be educated about the finer details of management.
Ashford's program changes were also designed with the aim of addressing the many health issues that the United States is having to address. The program will instill knowledge about the topics of transcultural nursing, aging, family and community health.
Information about the program is available at www.ashford.edu/degrees.htm.
Organizations in this story
Ashford University 8620 Spectrum Center Blvd San Diego, CA - 92123
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success