The University of New Orleans opened an exhibit today titled "10,000 RPM's" that features artwork by Generic Art Solutions, a team comprised of university artists Tony Campbell and Matt Vis.
Campbell is an artist in residence at UNO and Vis is a UNO Master of Fine Arts alumnus.
The exhibit's subject will tackle the concept of the nature of collaboration — the two artists seek to define the factors that come into play when a single idea is being formulated by two separate entities.
Photographs, prints and paintings come together in this exhibit, which includes a performance and video called "Streetfights: Ninjas." The video features a score that was composed by Yotam Haber, an assistant professor from UNO's department of music, that is designed to identify "the confrontation and surrender involved in collaboration and the glory and failure of conflict and bravado associated with the works."
The exhibit will run through April 3.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of New Orleans ?
Next time we write about University of New Orleans, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million