The University of New Orleans opened an exhibit today titled "10,000 RPM's" that features artwork by Generic Art Solutions, a team comprised of university artists Tony Campbell and Matt Vis.
Campbell is an artist in residence at UNO and Vis is a UNO Master of Fine Arts alumnus.
The exhibit's subject will tackle the concept of the nature of collaboration — the two artists seek to define the factors that come into play when a single idea is being formulated by two separate entities.
Photographs, prints and paintings come together in this exhibit, which includes a performance and video called "Streetfights: Ninjas." The video features a score that was composed by Yotam Haber, an assistant professor from UNO's department of music, that is designed to identify "the confrontation and surrender involved in collaboration and the glory and failure of conflict and bravado associated with the works."
The exhibit will run through April 3.
Organizations in this story
University of New Orleans 2000 Lakeshore Dr New Orleans, LA - 70148
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success