The Survey Research Center of the University of New Orleans (UNO) recently released the results of an automated phone survey where it asked voters in Louisiana to give their opinion on the state’s budget situation and who they believe is responsible.
The poll was conducted on March 13 and also evaluated the favorability of the governor and Louisiana’s state legislature as well as party preference going into the upcoming U.S. Senate election. The survey was created by Tony Licciardi, a UNO graduate research assistant, who operates under the director of the UNO Survey Research Center, Edward Chervenak.
Of the 631 people who took part in the survey, they believed, by an 8 to 1 margin, that Louisiana is currently experiencing a financial crisis. The majority of the people blame former governor Bobby Jindal, while a very small percentage place the blame on current governor John Bel Edwards.
According to the survey, Edwards is seen as more favorable than unfavorable, achieving a nine point positive rating amongst respondents. A quarter of those asked had no opinion of the governor. When asked to rate the legislature, 15 percent gave the legislature a positive review while 53 percent gave them an unfavorable mark.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of New Orleans ?
Next time we write about University of New Orleans, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million