Philadelphia University's Strategic Design MBA program embraces the point at which design and business come together in the new structure of the business world, preparing graduates of the program to be innovative and come into the workplace as leaders.
The idea is to impart knowledge of creative problem-solving skills alongside analytical business intelligence using design thinking.
Brady Halligan, who graduated in the program's second class, says the program gave him new skills that led to his initiation of change within his organization and made him more efficient as the director of strategic partnerships and enrollment at The Green Program. He says he needed something unique to help him take his business to another level.
The program is full of hybrid thinkers in business, finance, product development, design, social work and fashion design who want to enhance their careers. It is headed up by Natalie Nixon, who holds a Ph.D. in design management.
The approach taken by this program was lauded in the Harvard Business Review, which had a cover story last year detailing the importance of design thinking as necessary and valuable in today's business practices. Design thinking and incorporating real world problem-solving through intensive collaboration are major aspects of all programs at Philadelphia University.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Philadelphia University ?
Next time we write about Philadelphia University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Hospital Names Crystal Wheeler As Chief People Officer
- Graduates earn 151 degrees from Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico-Arecibo
- Cost of college went up for all students at Universidad Adventista de las Antillas
- Graduates earn 527 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Bayamon
- Cost of college went up for all students at Emporia State University
- ARKANSAS TECH UNIVERSITY: Blake Takes Leadership at Lake Point
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Receives $100,000 Grant from Schell Foundation
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: Jacobson returns to University of Mary after gaining NCAA Division I coaching experience
- AIR FORCE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: AFIT offers course on Strategic Topics in Defense Innovation
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: Auburn Agriculture, Extension name Phillips associate dean, assistant director